Solar Burner Parabolic Life span
by Dario Feliciano
(San Pedro de Macoris, DR)
What´s the parabola life time ?
What´s the total weight ?
Is it water resistant ?
Thank you for visiting our site and for your inquiry.
* The total weight of the parabolic is 39 pounds.
* The parabolic structure, frame and panels should last you many years if taken care of.
* The adhesive reflective material used to cover the surface of the parabola can give you about 2-4 years of regular use, but can last much longer if taken care of and kept covered to protect it from the elements when not being used.
(We carry adhesive reflective vinyl on our site for those who would like extra reflective vinyl for repairs or replacement purposes and the cost is very reasonable.)
* The parabolic can get wet and it will be fine, but I would suggest not leaving it out and exposed to the rain, because eventually it will have some effect on the adhesive vinyl and may cause the metal part to rust.
* To protect the metal, some people spread a light coating of oil on all of the metal parts to help keep it from rusting due to moisture.
(I would also say that a light coat of lacquer, on the metal parts only, will also create a light protective coating for the parabolic.)
The Solar Burner would be shipped in a box and does need to be assembled, but it is not very difficult to do so. http://www.solarcooker-at-cantinawest.com/parabolic_solar_cooker.html
Shipping to the Dominican Republic is a little bit more than in the continental United States,
so if you are interested let me know if you would still like to proceed.
I would need your City Postal/Zip Code to give you a more exact cost for shipping.
I have sent Parabolics to Puerto Rico and it has not cost very much more.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Do you have a question about Solar Cooking?.