Solar Cooking Recipe: Pumpkin Dessert
solar cooking recipe
- 1 can of Pumpkin (29 oz.)
- 3 eggs
- 4 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 yellow or white cake mix-dry
- 1 cube of butter-melted
- Pre heat solar oven to 350 F... if possible
- Mix all ingredients together except cake mix and butter.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan or into two to three loaf pans.
- Sprinkle cake mix over the top of pumpkin mix.
- Drizzle melted butter over top of mix.
- Bake at 350 F for at least one hour in solar oven
The dry mix will cook into the moist pumpkin batter and will brown a little on top, depending on solar oven.
*This is a very high moisture content dessert so may require more time than indicated.
* * Dessert recipe share by Helena Chamberlain of St. George, Utah (Solar Cooking Student)
Return from Solar Cooking Recipe back to recipe page