Solar Cooking Recipes: Refried Beans Deluxe
Solar Cooking Recipes
- 4 cans of refried beans (or four cups of your own homemade if you know how)
- 1 small onion
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1/2 bell pepper (any color)
- 1 can of dice green chiles
- 1 tsp of dried paprika
- 1/2 tsp of dried basil
- 1/2 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp of salt (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil (or other)
- Set out solar oven or cooker, along with pot, to pre heat.
- Dice or chop Onion and Garlic together in chopper.
- Chop with a knife your bell pepper
- Combine your onions,garlic,bell pepper, and green chiles in your solar oven cooking pot, along with the Oil and other dry ingredients; mix together well.
- Return your pot to the solar cooker and set time for twenty minutes in order to cook and brown the onions and peppers.
- When browned, add refried beans and mix all ingredients well.
- Re-cover pot and return it to solar oven, set oven towards sun.
- Adjust your solar cooker every one to two hours.
This recipe is usually ready in less than two hours on a good day, but I like to allow three to five hours of long, slow cooking to allow the flavors to meld and enhance.
Serve with fresh salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and tortilla chips as spoons.
Thank you for visiting solar cooking recipes
Return from Solar Cooking Recipes Refried Beans back to recipes page