Solar Oven Recipe: Carmel Nut Pudding Cake
Solar Oven Recipe
- 2 TBS soft butter
- 1 c. sugar (white)
- 1 c. milk
- 2 c. flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. raisins (opt)
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts(opt)pecans or walnuts
- 2 c. brown sugar (light or dark both work well)
- 4 TBS. margarine/butter
- 3 1/2 c. water
- Preheat solar oven to at least 350 F if possible
- In mixing bowl combine butter, sugar, milk, vanilla
- Add baking soda, nutmeg, salt and flour; mix together and then add raisins and nuts.
- Mix well with electric mixer (or beat well by hand). It well be thicker than regular cake batter.
- Spread the batter in an ungreased 9x13" cake pan.
For Syrup (Pudding)
- In large sauce pan--bring to boil: 3 1/2 c. water,b rown sugar, margarine/butter
- When this comes to boil, pour over the cake batter. (syrup is very liquid, but cooks into the cake well)
- Cook in a regular oven at 375 degree oven for 30 min. or sun oven for 1 1/2 hrs.
This serves well with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
* Recipe is from Sheri Alldredge of St. George, Utah
Return from Solar Oven Recipe: Carmel Nut Pudding Cake back to recipe page