Solar Oven Recipes No Meat Chili
Solar Oven Recipes
Chili without meat
- 1 can Kidney Beans
- 1 can black Beans
- 1 can red beans
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 3 cans of whole stewed tomatoes
- 1 can dice green chilies
- 1 onion
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 package chili mix any brand
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper
- 1.5 tbsp salt ( more or less if desired)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 beef bouillon cubes or it's vegetarian equivalent
- Pre heat Solar Cooker and Pot.
- Open and drain all cans of beans and rinse in bowl of water.
- Lightly blend or chop tomatoes in a blender, do not puree.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl or pot.
- Dilute bouillon cubes in small amount of water.
- After mixing thoroughly put all ingredients into the pot or pan that will be used to cook in.
- Transfer to solar cooker and orient to the sun.
- Allow to cook for minimum of three up to six hours...the longer the better.
(* I cooked this in my Hot Pot, adding some height to my reflector panels using a windshield reflector, and had my chili at a stiff, rolling boil for most of the duration of the cook time.)
Return from Solar Oven Recipes No Meat Chili back to recipes page