Solar Cooking Recipes: Roast Pork (marinated)
Marinated Beef or Pork Roast and Baked Potatoes
Solar Cooking Recipes
The roast needs to sit in the marinade for about 12-18 hours, thus it will need to be prepared the day before cooking.
2-4lb Pork or Beef Roast
- 1 large lemon (2tbsp lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp vinegar (white or dark)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 of an onion, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp of salt
- 2 cups of water
- Combine all of the ingredients in any deep, narrow pot.
- (The reason for such is so that the roast will be fully covered or submersed in the marinade.)
- Stir well until all dry ingredients have dissolved or hydrated, especially the salt.
- Place roast in pan;cover and then place in refrigerator.
- Clean and scrub your potatoes intended for baking.
- Pre heat oven on day you intend to cook the roast.
- (if this is to be a large meal, use two cookers; one for the roast and the other for the potatoes.)
- Pull your roast from the marinade and place inside your black enamelware pot; along with about four table spoons of the marinade.
- Place your potatoes inside of your other black cooking pot and cover with lid.
- (I have cooked up to ten small potatoes with no problem in one pot, just make sure to allow for enough time.)
- Place all pans inside of solar cookers and orient towards sun.
The longer the food is allowed to cook, the more tender it will be.
(I let my last roast cook from 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM, and it turned out very moist and succulent.
Return from Solar Cooking Recipes: Pork, back to recipes page