Solar Oven Recipes No Meat Chili
Solar Oven Recipes
Chili without meat
- 1 can Kidney Beans
- 1 can black Beans
- 1 can red beans
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 3 cans of whole stewed tomatoes
- 1 can dice green chilies
- 1 onion
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 package chili mix any brand
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper
- 1.5 tbsp salt ( more or less if desired)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 beef bouillon cubes or it's vegetarian equivalent
- Pre heat Solar Cooker and Pot.
- Open and drain all cans of beans and rinse in bowl of water.
- Lightly blend or chop tomatoes in a blender, do not puree.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl or pot.
- Dilute bouillon cubes in small amount of water.
- After mixing thoroughly put all ingredients into the pot or pan that will be used to cook in.
- Transfer to solar cooker and orient to the sun.
- Allow to cook for minimum of three up to six hours...the longer the better.
(* I cooked this in my Hot Pot, adding some height to my reflector panels using a windshield reflector, and had my chili at a stiff, rolling boil for most of the duration of the cook time.)
Return from Solar Oven Recipes No Meat Chili back to recipes page
Enjoy this page? Please share it with others. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.