Solar Oven Recipes: Fresh Salsa
Solar Oven Recipes
This salsa can be made two different ways and taste just like the real thing either way you choose.One used fresh tomatoes and chilies (which require a little more time)The other used dice tomatoes and green chiles from a can (quicker) but tastes very fresh nonetheless.
- 1-2 cans of dice tomatoes and green chiles (Western Family is very flavorful)
- 1/8-1/4 of an onion
- 1/2 large cloves of garlic
- 1/4-1/2 of a bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/8 tsp of black ground pepper
- Slight sprinkle of very fine ground oregano (rub between fingers to grind)
- Slight sprinkle of very fine ground basil (rub between fingers to grind)
- Slight sprinkle of cummin
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil (or other)
- Salt to taste
For fresh tomatoes; use three to five large tomatoes finely diced and one yellow chili pepper (Hungarian or bannana etc.) finely diced. *Include seeds for a spicier salsa.
- Finely chop onion and garlic cloves
- Place in bowl and add cans of tomatoes
- Chop Cilantro with a knife by bunching and pinching as you cut the cilantro; this will assure a finer and smaller leaf.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and stir and mix well.
- Cover and allow to sit in refrigerator for a couple of hours so that the flavors mix and enchance.
This salsa is very popular with our solar cooking classes and goes well with many solar cooked recipes such as refried beans, tacos, enchiladas, Chili, etc.
Return from solar oven recipes fresh salsa back to recipes page
Enjoy this page? Please share it with others. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.