Solar Oven Cherry Dump Cake
Solar Oven Cherry Dump Cake is one of the easiest and simplest cakes you can cook in a solar oven.
It may sound like a mess, but it will win raves from family and friends alike and you will wonder how you ever did without it.
- 1 can cherry pie filling (or apple, blueberry, peach etc.)
- 1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple-drained
- 1 yellow or white cake mix-use dry
- 1 cube of butter
- slivered almonds or nuts (optional)
- Pre heat your solar oven
- In a cake pan/mold (square, rectangle, round or oval) (solar oven sizes will vary) cover the bottom with pie filling
- Spread the crushed pineapple over the pie filling.
- Spread dry cake mix over the pie filling and pineapple
- Butter is cut in slices and put on top to melt or pour melted butter over the dry ingredients.
- Place slivered almonds on top
- Place in your preheated Solar Oven for 45-60 minutes or until browned
Can be served hot or cold, plain and with whipped topping or Ice Cream
Return from Solar Oven Cherry Dump Cake back to recipes page