Solar Oven Cherry Dump Cake
Solar Oven Cherry Dump Cake is one of the easiest and simplest cakes you can cook in a solar oven.
It may sound like a mess, but it will win raves from family and friends alike and you will wonder how you ever did without it.
- 1 can cherry pie filling (or apple, blueberry, peach etc.)
- 1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple-drained
- 1 yellow or white cake mix-use dry
- 1 cube of butter
- slivered almonds or nuts (optional)
- Pre heat your solar oven
- In a cake pan/mold (square, rectangle, round or oval) (solar oven sizes will vary) cover the bottom with pie filling
- Spread the crushed pineapple over the pie filling.
- Spread dry cake mix over the pie filling and pineapple
- Butter is cut in slices and put on top to melt or pour melted butter over the dry ingredients.
- Place slivered almonds on top
- Place in your preheated Solar Oven for 45-60 minutes or until browned
Can be served hot or cold, plain and with whipped topping or Ice Cream
Return from Solar Oven Cherry Dump Cake back to recipes page
Enjoy this page? Please share it with others. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.